Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Cultural Celebration.

The Cultural Celebration.

This is very late but last night I wrote about my experience with the Cultural Celebration for the Kansas City temple. Here it is.

The Cultural Celebration.
(Thursday-Saturday from my point of view)

Thursday: We left form PBLO just before extended day to get platforms for the choir. We went to underground storage for The KC Symphony and met to other men from our ward with pickup trucks. We picked up some from there and took them to the auditorium. Then we went to the PAC to get more and back to the cave for even more, then back at the auditorium we set some up before we had to leave.

Friday: we got up at 5:00 in the morning to get to the auditorium at 6:30 so Dad could be there to start to set up the AV stuff. The problem? The people we were there to help were not going the be there until 10:00 so we sat in the top of the auditorium for three and a half hours. When thy finely got there we did tasks like set up chars and tables. At lunch I had one of the best hamburgers I ever had and Dad even let me get soda. When we got back I spent a lot of time sorting out t-shirts. Then did son more stuff like sorting duck tape and unloading trucks. Then we went to Chipotle for diner before the regeneration and divisional. Then people started to come in we got are wrist band's and we started they talked to us about the next day and then Kenneth Cope sung to us and we went home.

Saturday: We got there a little early because Dad had to be there early. The first thing we did was practices Arise but we could not do is on the up in the auditorium because the AV stuff was not working well. Then we were supposed to do tunnel (were they showed us the tunnels so we would know were to go) but I had telephone hour practices. Then we did arena were thy showed us were to enter the arena but again I had telephone hour practices. And then we did props were we practices are dances. Then more telephone hour practices. I then had some down time and then we ate lunch I did not expect it to fill me up but it did. We then got our costumes. And then brother Hendrickson started to talk and it was not good news the Jumbotron was not working he asked us to all kneel down to pray we did. Then we some time later we did a run thru but did not do a dress rehearsal because we did not have time. Then it was time to go to the arena the dismissed us by stake we were one of the last we then were there on the arena floor. Then the prophet came in the place got vary loud. Then the after some music by the choir the prophet talked we started. First it was Arise then to the hall way were we waited for our dance then did the maple life rag and then me and me and my partner Milisa went of the floor to get ready for telephone hour. Then we went down stairs and the had to right back up stairs and had to sit in the vary hot hall way for about an hour the whet on the baloney for popcorn popping, missionary medley, We Believe and finely one heart in the heartland. The an unplanned thing happened everybody waved there colorful t-shirts above there heads and it looked so cool. And then we went down stairs and went by stack we again were one of the last to to go. And I left one of the vary best day of my life. 

To see more about the Cultural Celebration check out my sisters blog. This is REAL life



   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment